03 July 2015

New moves

I never realized how easy peasy it is to make a flower crown! I highly recommend making your own, as you can choose any combination of flowers you like. I made the type that sits on elastic, but I've seen plenty made on top of headbands a la Frida Kahlo, sometimes with a number of wacky materials. I wanted a simple one I could wear to my best friend's wedding and to summer festivals, and I think it turned out pretty nicely!

Here's how I made mine:

Materials- elastic (Michael's), faux flower bouquet (Michaels, Hobby Lobby or Walmart), needle and thread, hot glue gun, felt (for backing).


  1. Use your head to measure the elastic, leaving about an inch of room to overlap both ends.
  2. Thread your needle. Straight pin ends of elastic together and hand sew. I double checked the width here before sewing just to make sure the crown would have the desired looseness.
  3. Cut flowers from the top of the stems. I used fabric scissors.
  4. Cut small pieces of felt for the backing of your flowers
  5. Using your backing, adhere the back of each flower to the elastic with glue. The elastic should sit between the back each flower and a square of felt. 
  6. Repeat until all the flowers are adhered to the headband, I checked the spacing of each before gluing. You may also want to keep in mind how much your elastic stretches as you define the spacing between each flower. 
You're done! You can check out mine on IG @pinsandplats :)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment